The SJ5000 Wifi v1.2 firmware was lost during our last server move. The firmware has been re-uploaded. The main thing the v1.2 fixes is the unit crashing during the 20 sec Time-Lapse mode. There is no other difference between v1.1 and v1.2.
Download Link: SJCAM_SJ5000_WIFI_20160224_V1.2
To upgrade the firmware properly, follow the steps carefully:
1. Power the camera off.
2. Remove the battery and the MicroSD card from the camera.
3. Reformat the MicroSD card using the FAT32 file format on your computer.
4. Copy the firmware files into the root directory of your MicroSD card.
5. Reinsert the SD card to your camera.
6. Reinsert the battery.
7. Connect the camera with charger, the camera will be upgraded automatically
8. After the firmware update is completed remove the SD card from the camera and format it again on your
computer, make sure to use the FAT32 file format. Should you have any questions regarding the firmware update, please submit support ticket.
-SJCAM Support Team
Subscribe to the SJCAM Blog Feed today and Stay up to date with all the latest SJCAM news!